Friday, May 6, 2011

What to do Friday?: Johnny Depp movies!

So what's girl to do when her husband is away for the weekend? Rent Johnny Depp movies of coarse! I have a stack, 3 movies high. I just hope that will be enough. 1st up is the sinfully delicious: Chocolat a hot and 'steamy' romance flick about a young mother (Juliette Binoche), who moves to the French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes and opens a {yep, you guessed it} La Chocolaterie. The town people find her chocolate to be quite scandalous!
Next in my cue is Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. It is the perfect Victorian, Steampunk melodrama {slash, slasher flick} about an English barber (Depp) who murders his customers with a straight razor {I cover my face a lot in this one}, and with the help of his accomplice Mrs. Lovett (Helena Bonham Carter), processes their corpses into meat pies {so glad I am a vegetarian!}.
Sleepy Hollow is a period flick, slash horror film directed {as was Sweeny Todd and 1/2 dozen other Johnny flicks} by the genius Tim Burton. In this one Johnny Depp plays police detecive Ichabod Crane who is brough in from NY to find the murderous headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow. I love a good period flick!There are so many more but we will save those for another time...

0 comments: